At the start of the year I decided to commit to the Goodreads reading challenge. You set a number of books yourself, and the website will tally your progress and lets you know how well you’re doing. A couple of my blogging friends have written in the last week or so listing what they’ve read so far and sometimes commenting on the books too. So I figured it was about time for me to do the same!
I set a goal of 40 books. Currently I’m 2 books behind, but I don’t think that will be hard to catch back up. I’m blaming my 2 week holiday and the Olympics…. 😀 So here goes:
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – JK Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – JK Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – JK Rowling
- The Book of Lost Things – John Connolly
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake – Aimee Bender
- Lunch in Paris – Elizabeth Bard
- Moon over Soho – Ben Aaronovitch
- Happy Accidents – Jane Lynch
- The Woman in Black – Susan Hill
- On the Beach – Nevil Shute
- The Catcher in the Rye – JD Salinger
- Me Before You – Jojo Moyes
- My Dead Friend Sarah – Peter Rosch
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs
- The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
- Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH – Robert C O’Brien
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Witch Child – Celia Rees
I have marked in italics the books which I did not enjoy and would not recommend. Saying that, most of the books I have read have come highly recommended so they just weren’t my cup of tea – I have a very particular cup of tea.
I’m currently reading One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner, which I’m struggling with. I found a mistake in the story fairly near the start which put me on the back foot with it, and the writing style is far more ‘chick-lit’ than I like to read. I’m persevering with it because I want to up my reading number! I have a few books lined up to read next, and I’m really looking forward to getting stuck in!
What are you reading and what are your all time favourite books to recommend?