Things I remember about my Grandad:
- He showed me how to use his telescope one summer night. He went back into the house and I looked through the eye piece and saw Jupiter. I got so freaked out then realised I was alone in the dark and ran back into the house. He showed me Jupiter.
- Watching A Muppet Christmas Carol and thinking he wasn’t paying any attention. It got to the bit where Scrooge’s girlfriend sings her song. Grandad looked up and stated “what a terrible noise!” – I’d never realised how bad the song was before. Later versions of the movie had that whole scene cut out! He obviously had a good ear for music.
- His beach towel that had an almost naked lady on it lounging with a snake – he always did like the ladies!
- Every Christmas spent in Norfolk, Grandad would read the AA Milne poem ‘King John’s Christmas’ to us all.
- He tried to explain to me why on car adverts the wheels appear to go backwards when the car is driving forwards – he knew I wasn’t getting it but he still tried!
- How much he loved to fuss his cats.
- How happy he was when he saw family and friends at a party in August, and how his eyes lit up when he saw Grandma.
- How much he loved my Grandma – and how much my Grandma loves him.
Of course there’s more. Goodbye Grandad. We will really miss you, but you’re resting now. We Love you.