It’s amazing how you can feel as if you aren’t doing an awful lot just because it’s less than you normally do, but on reflection you realise you’ve done a great deal of stuff.
The week after Disneyland was tough, mainly because I wanted to be back at Disney but mainly because I was feeling so exhausted. But I still managed to get some stuff done. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- On Tuesday I went to Rock Choir with my Mum as a full member for the first time. I really enjoyed singing and learning the parts to the song we’re singing. There’s a lot of concerts coming up too and I’m looking forward to getting back on the stage. It’s been quite some time since I performed with a choir and I’m interested to see if it feels the same as it used to.
- We’ve been to the gym a few times. I ran for the first time in a while on Wednesday and enjoyed it, but my fitness levels have dropped. I need to get back to it with the old running.
- Thursday was Body Attack at the gym, and it kicked my butt. I realise now it’s because I’m very run down and have come down with a sinus cold which is spreading to my chest. Fun! I’m shattered. This morning I woke up with one completely bloodshot eye that was glazed and I couldn’t open it all the way, and yesterday I took a two-hour nap in the middle of the day. Very unlike me!
- Friday my friend Tash came over and we had a good catch up and natter. It’s been a while since I’ve seen the girls but we have a special occasion coming up and a gathering planned, which we’re all looking forward to.
- The weekend was a mix of being very busy and very lazy (well I mean that nap I was talking about). On Saturday Gary and I met his Sister and our Niece for lunch and a catch up. It had been a long time since I’d seen them so it was nice to catch up. We did the normal chores and watched some tv too.
- I finished re reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn which I think is my favourite of her three novels, with Gone Girl a close second. I can’t wait to see the Gone Girl movie, and I believe they’ve made a movie of her other novel Dark Places which will be out soon too. She’s done rather well hasn’t she?
- I’m very much looking forward to receiving my gold iPhone 6 soon. I’m getting tired of having to charge my phone 4 times a day and not being able to lock it.
I’m really looking forward next weekend because the NFL Street Party is back on the streets of London and we had to miss it last year, so this year we’re rocking up. I’m looking forward to seeing some cheerleaders cheering and enjoying the atmosphere. I’m not an American Football fan but I’m a party fan!
I also know it’s getting closer to Halloween since the hits on my blog for Grave Encounters have been through the roof, so hello to anyone who has found me that way! I re watched the film a couple of weeks ago and it’s still great. I recommend it if you like scary found footage films.