This week I was nominated by Elen at Black Coffee Breakfast for a Blogger Recognition Award, which is a part award/part tag!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
So here goes!
Musings of a So-Called Shutterbug started as a creative outlet for writing and to showcase my photography. The idea was that it would be kind of like a diary too, and it meant that my friends and family would be able to read what I’ve been getting up to, especially when I travel.
It’s grown to be an amazingly fulfilling exercise in social interaction. I love how it allows me to interact with people I would never have met before, share my opinions and perspectives and hear other people’s!
My two pieces of advice for new bloggers would be:
- Post what you want, when you want and make sure you’re writing for yourself. Don’t start writing a blog for fame or fortune – that’s HARD work and really rare. I always say a bunch of engaged readers is much more rewarding than a heap of followers who don’t even read your stuff.
- Interact! Get on twitter – speak to people! Follow people you want to follow and don’t follow anyone you don’t! Be you! That’s all you can be 🙂
The blogs I’m nominating (I really can’t 15 though – most have already been tagged!) for are:
Thanks for reading!