This year has started off awesome, with tons of things planned and a good feeling about the year ahead.
With a few things already booked for this year, at the end of last, we’ve topped those off with a few more. No doubt more will happen as we go along, but here’s what I’m excited about so far!:
- My awesome friend Sarah is getting married in a couple of months, and I’m lucky enough to be one of her bridesmaids! I’m so excited about the lead up to it, the day and also the week after as most of us will be staying around the area for a little holiday!
- A couple of weeks later Gary’s cousin gets married, so I get a second wedding to go to, this time as a guest.
- Secret Cinema presents Dirty Dancing in July. After going to their Back to The Future screening we knew we wanted to go to another one, and Dirty Dancing seemed like an amazing choice. Great music, great atmosphere and great movie. We can’t wait!
- In September Gary and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and to celebrate this in style we’re heading to Orlando for two weeks of sun, Disney and rollercoasters! I’ve never been, but as a mahooosive Disney and Harry Potter fan I’m beside myself with excitement over the parks. Plus we’ll be extending our summer by visiting at the end of September. And no doubt when we come home British winter will be in full swing…..
- Speaking of Harry Potter:
We landed some tickets to this Harry Potter play and managed to get them for THIS YEAR. Getting tickets was crazy hard for some unknown reason….. *eyeroll* So in October we’ll be heading off to London for two plays in one day…. intriguing!
- Also in October, my Mum and Dad celebrate their ruby wedding anniversary and there’s a party to be had!
- Guy Fawkes night is extra special this year because earlier in the day we will have visited London for Jurassic Park in Concert at the Royal Albert Hall. We went to a Pixar show at the Royal Albert Hall and also Back to The Future in Concert last year and really enjoyed them both. Gary loves musical score, and we both love the score from Jurassic Park so it’ll be a treat to see it live! We’re hoping that as we’ll be in London anyway there might be a good local fireworks display to visit afterwards!
And that’s it for the year so far. We’d hoped to Hot Dub Time Machine it again, but the only local-ish gig is whilst we’re in Florida, and we wanted to go to V Festival but the line-up is a bit rubbish. Still I reckon we’ve got a good year to come! And who knows what else will pop up along the way 🙂
Woah what a week?! It’s been a busy week, back to work and trying to ramp up my training.
First of all thanks for the comments regarding my photo being featured on the Red Bubble front page. I was really chuffed and have gained lots of followers and even sold some stuff from my shop as a result, so it really pays off to get noticed 🙂
This week started off slow with getting back into the swing of things at work and getting back on the horse with running and strength training.
- On Sunday I cooked another Pinterest recipe Lazy Sunday Roast and I have to say it was amazing. I would never have thought of steaming the veg in a little stock first and then adding balsamic vinegar, but the flavours were amazing (especially the carrots) and I had enough left over afterwards for a second sitting later in the week which I took to work. Amazing!
I have altered the recipe a little – I didn’t use fennel and I used more sausages, but it really was delicious!
- Early in the week Gary and I received our race packs for the 10k we’re running next Sunday. It seems like so long since I ran a race – it’s only been 3 months – but I love getting my number and info in the post and can’t wait to get caught up in the atmosphere and buzz!
- On Thursday my friend Jen and I experienced our first Yoga lesson. I knew it was going to be intense but after an hour I was really exhausted. We enjoyed it so much that we’ve booked in for next week already. It was really fun!
- What with yoga on Thursday and running on Friday, Saturday and today with a planned run tomorrow I’m feeling a little tired. I did plan on going to the gym this afternoon but instead I’m going to spend it food prepping for the week and reading magazines of which I now have a tasty stack!
- Today I ran my fastest 5k (30:47) which I’m really pleased with but need to slow it down in order to complete the distances I want to run. I’m nervous about the 10k next week but also looking forward to seeing how my training has improved my race running. Let’s hope the weather is better than last year’s event, when it snowed!
The week ahead is full of training, more yoga, work, food and having fun! We’re off to London on Saturday for another Al Pacino fix at the BFI and then it’s race day. I can’t wait!
On Tuesday I hopped on the train and went to visit one of my best friends, Sarah, in London. It was raining when I left but by the time I’d gotten to London it was fine with only the occasion drizzle throughout the day that always seemed to happen when we were inside a building!
We walked around on foot for a while and popped into a few shops. I needed to go to Whole Foods to pick up some bits, some of which were out of stock (boo hoo!) but managed to get most of what I needed.
Then we had a look around for somewhere to eat lunch. We almost ate in Ed’s Diner just off Leicester Square, but the attitude of, who I can only assume was the manager, put us right off and we decided to leave. Instead we headed to Wahaca and had a lovely lunch. It was the first time I’d been there and I was really impressed by the whole experience. Even the toilets were impressive! Good food and good company, I’ll definitely go back to a Wahaca again.
On the way to Wahaca I’d spotted Bubbleology in Soho and mentioned I’d like to go there after, so we did. I had a hot matcha bubble tea. My first hot bubble tea – it was so yummy! We wandered to Soho Square and wanted to sit down but the benches were still wet from the rain, so we wandered off and started heading in the direction of the station I needed to get home from.
After a browse in Heals (amazing Missoni homeware!) we walked to the station where I said goodbye and headed back home. It’s always lovely to visit Sarah in London even if it is for a short time.
Wednesday, Thursday and today have all been mega rest days. I did fit one run in, but felt so rotten I stopped short of my goal. I seem to have a bit of a sinus issue which is making me feel very under the weather, but it’s forced me to sit on my bum and watch movies which has been wonderful! I’ve also been able to do a bit of work to the house which I’ve been meaning to do for a while now.
I have two days of my holiday left and lots planned over the weekend, so I’m hoping the rest has done me good!