- This week the weather has been so glorious that I’ve been in a good mood every single day. I’ve woken up happy and content, and stayed that way throughout the day. It’s amazing what the sunshine can do for you. I find it inspiring and invigorating and other things beginning with I.
- I’ve visited the gym a couple of times this week. I meant to run yesterday but a stomach bug has decided to set up home and I thought it best not to run.
- I’ve been loving neon nail polish shades this spring and am rocking a nice bright Nail’s Inc shade at the moment called Sloane Avenue. The OPI Neon minis might have made it onto my birthday wishlist…
- I’m amazed at my tan and can’t stop staring at my arms. I’m also amazed at the shape and definition my arms now have since I started weight training at the gym. I keep staring down and wondering whose arms they are!
- The World Cup started tonight and I’m really looking forward to continuing my Veronica Mars marathon (such a great show!) and getting some reading done. I also want to pick up a cross stitch but they’re so expensive. Some of those might have also made it onto my birthday wishlist….
- I have been busy filling up my (and Gary’s) diary for the next few months and after having looked at it more carefully today I’ve realised that I have only 2 free weekends between now and September and one of those has just been filled! Eek – glad it’s all super fun stuff!
- I have been massively appreciating my friends and family this week. Accepting support from them has been a massive change in my life over the last few years and it’s wonderfully refreshing to be able to depend on other people. It’s also amazing that they depend on me too. I’m very lucky.
- I always really enjoy social networking with companies that I like and I’ve been really enjoying do that this week. Drink Me Chai have been continuing to support Musings of a So-Called Shutterbug by sharing my post about overnight oats. I’ve chatted to some wonderful people and some very helpful customer service agents too. I’m really appreciating technology! I was also contacted by the founder of British sportswear brand Lexie with the hashtag #somethingexciting and yes, it was exciting. (More on that another time!)
Pinch punch it’s the first of the month! And it’s not the first of any old month, it’s the first of December – which means it’s the first day of Advent! You all know how much I love Christmas, and also how much I love you all (aww) so this year I have decided that I will blog every day leading to the big day, and share a little Christmas nugget to you all – thereby creating an advent calendar of sorts. It’s my gift to you, my lovely readers – a melange of tid bits I love about Christmas and festive things to share with you all. So here goes (drum roll…..) presenting:
To kick us off I wanted to share with you my advent calendar of choice for this year, which sadly is just a lusting. As a child I was allergic to chocolate and so didn’t ever have a chocolate calendar. My Mum prefered us to have religious calendars anyway, but since becoming an adult I hadn’t really gone for advent calendars at all. That was until a few years ago when I discovered Hotel Chocolat’s beautiful dark chocolate calendars. Just amazing they were. But last year I realised I was going days without opening my chocolate door and I think I even might have thrown the thing out without finishing it all…… shock horror! So this year I was delighted to find an advent calendar that was almost certainly made with me in mind.
The Ciate advent calendar gives you a mini nail polish for every day of advent, including some of their pretty caviar beads and a funnel to use them. It’s a thing of beauty but alas at £42 a tad expensive. I can dream though can’t I?
Do you normally have an advent calendar, and if so what have you gone for this year?